Anlage 3: AB gaps
Fill in the gaps
with suitable verbs from the box with an ing-form and classify them as ‘progr. form’, ‘adjective’, ‘verb’, preposition’ or ‘other’:
come, creep, cry, fly, go, laugh, rain, shout, sleep, sleep, work
- Although it started ___________________ they kept on ___________________ .
- Listen! The baby ___________________ , because he is hungry.
- “Stop joking!” David said in a ___________________ voice.
- We heard somebody ___________________ for help, but couldn’t see anybody.
- John forgot to pick up his parents ___________________ at the airport.
- ___________________ is my favourite free time activity.
- I really prefer ___________________ in my own bed instead of any hotel room.
- They could feel the cold slowly ___________________ into the room.
- Thanks a lot for ___________________ so quickly.
- How about ___________________ to the new restaurant in Soho tonight?
- Suddenly a bird came ___________________ through the open window.
Fill in the gaps - Lösung
- Although it started raining they kept on working . = verb, (verb with) preposition
- Listen! The baby is crying , because he is hungry. = progressive form
- “Stop joking!” David said in a laughing voice. = adjective
- We heard somebody shouting for help, but couldn’t see anybody. = other
- John forgot to pick up his parents waiting at the airport. = other
- Sleeping is my favourite free time activity. = other
- I really prefer sleeping in my own bed instead of any hotel room. = verb
- They could feel the cold slowly creeping into the room. = other
- Thanks a lot for coming so quickly. = preposition
- How about going to the new restaurant in Soho tonight? = other
- Suddenly a bird came flying through the open window. = verb
Stunde_2_Anlage_iii_AB_gaps: Herunterladen [docx] [25 KB]